Saturday, March 31, 2012

New Fabric: First Project

We were at Britex fabrics in San Francisco recently, and we loved seeing all the wonderful fabrics!  We bought a few remnants and I bought a 1/4 yard of a pricy boucle fabric that has me very inspired.  I plan to make a jacket for Ellowyne, but decided to start with something more familiar, to get a feeling for the fabric.  The fabric is naturally frayed, with little threads hanging off of it, making it tricky to work with.  I made a jumper for Olivia (one of my 12" Kish dolls) because I've worked with this pattern before, and I hand sewed it, because I wasn't sure if the loose threads and open weave would give me trouble with the sewing machine.  The end product turned out cute, and I learned quite a bit-- I think the next project will be better!
-- Janet
Olivia in her new dress

2 comments: