Monday, September 10, 2012

New pet!

This weekend we tried a great idea I found on Pinterest for a doll-sized aquarium!  You use a paperclip holder as the tank, small rocks/sand, a small plastic plant to decorate and a small fish charm as the tank inhabitant!  I bought Quick-Water (it makes the fake water used with silk plants) from Hobby Lobby to make my tank look full of water (without worrying about real water spilling) but Kairi didn't use that, so she can move her fish around and play with it.  The instructions are at http://miniaturemaker.blogspot.jp/2009/04/dollhouse-aquarium_01.html and even include directions to add a light to the top (which we opted out of).  The top of my paperclip holder was pretty tall, and I didn't like the look, so I took it off, and finished the edge with some good-old duck tape.

Below are a few pictures of my dolls investigating their new pet (we'll post pictures of Kairi's in the next post).  Kaya is really enthralled by the fish!

- Janet

Nemo!

No comments:

Post a Comment