Saturday, September 14, 2013

Latest Sewing Projects

Christine likes it
I bought this fabric years ago to make teddy bears out of, but never got around to it.  I decided to try to use it up on doll clothes, and started looking for patterns.  For the American Girl dolls, I found the Flounce Dress pattern at Pixie Faire (http://www.pixiefaire.com/collections/18-inch-doll-dress-patterns/products/flounce-dress-18-doll-clothes).  It is a very easy pattern and I've already got ideas for more outfits (I bought a bunch of knit fabric this summer that needs to be used!).  Kairi does not like the dress very much-- she feels it is too plain!

I also wanted to make something for Ellowyne Wilde/Lizette, and found the perfect pattern!  It is All Hallow's Eve by Designs By Jude (http://www.fletcherpatterncompany.com/index.php?_a=product&product_id=1772).  I opted not to do the collar, since I didn't have anything I liked that I could use (it calls for fur; although I have LOTS of faux fur, what I had was too thick, and poor Lizette would've been overwhelmed!).  I am very happy with how the dress turned out, I think it looks great on Lizette!

-- Janet

Lizette Models "All Hallow's Eve"


No comments:

Post a Comment